over the past year i’ve been doing work over at hazardous. some front-end but alot of it behind-the-scenes. i’ve been looking over the project directories and files and recently i was struck with a sense of claustrophobia - alot of random junk and cruft has accumulated in my working dir’s. i decided to do a fresh ground-up webserver representing an aggregate of the various things i have learned about from server-side to client-side.
- building my nginx install from source, allowing me to also compile dynamic modules against it. thanks to this i can now implement brotli compression to speed up load times!
- configuring nginx for the blistering edge. http/2, SSL, blazing domain resolution.
- tweaking typefaces via CSS, and getting the most out of fonts. the current site is using Inter for the sans-serif font of choice, and Fantasque Sans Mono for the